Aspiration to seek luxury and showcase one’s self is something not all posses. Just having the aspiration itself requires a level of determination and grit. If you are one of those, who dreams of traveling the globe, staying in exorbitant hotels, or maybe even having a villa at every top holiday destination you can think of, then well, you should also know how to accessorizes such a lifestyle.
You’re going to need a Armani suit of course, Italian leather shoes, and perhaps most importantly a watch that separates you from the common man. Yes, some choice selections from the best luxury watch brands are necessary to set the look just right. So, which of the best watch brands is right for you? Here’s my take on top 10 luxury watch brands in the world:
10. Rolex – We start of or best watch brands list with maybe the best known, Rolex. And if you haven’t heard it before, I’d rather suggest you to skip this article and lose all hope of getting to this level of luxury. Number 10 on my list of top 10 luxury watch brands is the also the largest manufacturer of luxury watches on the planet. A brand worn by movie celebrities and known across the world; Rolex was officially registered in 1915. It is one of the best watch brands and one of the best thing is you can wear it to show-off to just about anyone because no other brand on the list matches the popularity this luxury watch brand has achieved.
9. Hublot – You can call Hublot a newbie, but it’s certainly not an amature in the field of luxury watch brands. Founded in 1980, Hublot has made a lot of progress quite quickly among its competitors, some of which have been around for centuries. it comes in at number 9th on my list of top 10 luxury watch brands of the world. The most expensive wrist watch in the world has the name of Hublot on it – and its price tag is, “$5 Million”. Getting jitters? Well, it’s just the start. The “5$ Million” watch is tailored with 1,282 diamonds (more than 100 carats of diamond) and each one has been selected circumspectly to match with one another to present a picture of perfection that is expected from the best watch brands.
8. Richard Mille – Richard Mille is the newest brand in my list of top 10 luxury watch brands. Innovation is what forms the core of the best watch brands and this is what this brand has been looking to do. The brand is sought after by affluent geeks who want a bit of micromechanics and advanced technology in their watches. The RM 008 watch made by the company is considered to be one of the most advanced luxury brand watch in the world. Prominent figures wearing this luxury brand watch includes the very geeky, Rafael Nadal.
7. Jaeger-LeCoultre – One of many luxury watch brands from Switzerland, it was founded in 1833. Jaeger-LeCoultre is known for its high quality timepieces that you will never get tired admiring. Innovation combined with elegant design is what constitutes the philosophy of these watches. Certainly, Jaeger-LeCoultre is a brand that must be embraced, as they provide some of the most exquisite watches which are dazzling in their complexity, and couldn’t be made by any other of our best watch brands.
6. F.P.Journe – Having spent just around 30 years in the market, F.P.Journe has still created its own niche of admirers and is number 6 on my list of top 10 luxury watch brands in the world. Some of the limited edition timepieces from the brand are available for just under $50,000. It is a brand for those who have an understanding and passion for luxury watch brands. They have 7 boutiques around the world and different authorized retailers from whom you can buy.
5. Vacheron Constantin – With a long history folded under its belt, Vacheron Constantin is one of the oldest watchmakers around and certainly deserves to be in my list of top 10 luxury watch brands. The “Tour de I’lle” watch made by the company was made to mark its 250th anniversary and is believed to be the most complicated watch ever built. The watch consists of 834 parts and 16 horological complications and the most fascinating thing about it is that it was sold for more than $1 Million. The dream of any luxury brand watch enthusiast, Vacheron Constantin watches are epitome of exquisiteness.
4. Blancpain – Blancpain is not made just to be given away to anyone. Unlike one of the other best watch brands Rolex, which produces around 2,000 watches a day, Blancpain manufactures only 10,000 luxury watches a year. Each piece produced by the brand is unique in itself, each piece is an example of elegance, style and reliability. Considering there is such a such a low number of these luxury brand watches produced, wearing them in itself provides a feeling of exclusiveness and that feeling is priceless.
3. Girard-Perregaux – The Girard-Perregaux is the luxury watch brand which had been innovating since the day it was founded in 1791. This brand has never stopped, and it never will. It is this willpower that brings it to 3rd position on my list of top 10 luxury watch brands of the world. They make watches for just a few privileged people who appreciate only the best luxury watch brand and the company takes pride in this fact. The flagship model from the company “Tourbillon with three gold bridges” has not only been received tons of awards and love, but also it reshaped and provided a new form of innovative design within watch making. If a person knows what Girard-Perregaux watches are really worth, the high price tag of these luxury watches is never going to deter one from making the move to put one on their wrist.
2. Patek Philippe – When it comes to respect for luxury brand watches, I personally respect this brand most even though its second on my list of top 10 luxury watch brands. You must be thinking why number two? This watch is everything that a person looks for in one of the best watch brands. It’s on par with the likes of, Patek Philippe Calatrava, Annual Calendar or Perpetual Calendar watches, but the thing is you can expect just a little more from this luxury watch brand. The Calibre 89 (a pocket watch) from Patek Philippe has been called the company’s most complicated. Its features just blows my mind away. I mean just think, you can even add a day to February for leap year!! The watch is estimated at 6 million dollars and is made with 18 carat gold (this is a Patek Philippe after all I am talking about). And its not just another luxury watch brand - just look about the clientele list for this company and you will find another reason to fall in love with it. Its customers include Queen Victoria (in year 1851), her consort Prince Albert, Princess Louise of Denmark, Victor Emmanuel III from Italy, and Hussein Kamal.
1. Breguet – As if the Patek or any other watch listed was not enough, you must be thinking what else can a luxury watch bran do? And which will take the number one spot on my list of top 10 luxury watch brands? Well, it goes to Breguet – who just does every thing a bit better than Patek Philippe does. Also this company is one of the oldest luxury watch brands still around today. After all that is what’s truly difficult: not only gaining success but sustaining it, and this is what this luxury watch brand has been doing. The brand also has the distinction of creating the first self winding watch. In addition to that, the luxury brand has been the pioneer of many other ground breaking technologies in the watch making industry – maybe the most notable and appreciated being the advent of the Tourbillon (an innovation to ward off the affects of gravity). This was the first luxury watch brand to use this technology, which was first used in 1810 in a watch made for the Queen of Naples. And if the clientele list of Patek Philippe was impressive, this one may even trump it. Breguet has been worn by Louis Philippe I, Louis XI, Napoleon Bonaparte, George III, Louis XVIII, Queen Victoria (1838), Nicolas Sarkozy (French President), Victor Hugo (writer) and lots and lots more…
I do hope you liked my list of top 10 luxury watch brands. And I hope you get your hands on your favorite luxury watches someday… and I do too!
tags: best watch brands, top 10 luxury watch brands, luxury brand watches